top of page


What does a day at Camp Carlo look like?

Camp Carlo runs from 9:00 am – 12:15 pm with an extended camp option at an additional cost.  The program is open to rising Kindergarteners to children age 13 and includes a wide variety of camps such as basketball, soccer, acting, art, gross science and film making/editing, and more.  Please visit our Camp Schedule and Camp Descriptions for more details on individual camps.

 On Friday of each week, the entire camp attends a closing worship service at 12:00.

            7:00am  -  Early camp opens

            8:45-9:00  -  Campers arrive

            9:00-9:20  -  Morning program for all campers

            9:20-12:15  -  Classes and snack

            12:15  -  Camper pick-up

            12:30-5:30pm  -  Afternoon camp

How do I register my child?

Visit the Registration page or click on Registration in the top menu and follow the instructions.  Payment will be processed at the end of registration via PayPal or payment can be made with a check.  If your fee exceeds $300, you you will be required to pay 60% at registration and may pay the remainder anytime before the first day your child attends camp via check or day of at our payment table. Your child is not registered until payment is received.

What is the refund policy for Camp Carlo?

We require a 60% non-refundable deposit for registration. Refunds of the remaining 40% can be processed if cancellation occurs prior to May 1.  Contact the Camp Program Director, Alison Jefferson, to request a refund.

Are payments transferable to another week?

Payments may be transferred to other camp weeks within Camp Carlo for that season, provided the newly selected camp session is not full.  Email the camp office at to inquire about availability.

Is lunch provided for by Camp Carlo?

Lunch is not provided.  Campers will receive a mid-morning snack during camp.  All-day campers are responsible for bringing their own lunches.  All-day campers also receive a mid-afternoon snack around 3:30.

Can my child join a week that is already in session?

We are unable to pro-rate camp days. You would have to register and pay for the full week even if your child is unable to attend all the days of camp that week.

Will registration remain open throughout the summer?

Registration will remain open as long as spaces are still available, however, families must register no later than the Thursday before the week they wish to attend.

What is your camper to staff ratio and how are staff screened?

Our camper ratio is approximately 6:1.  All staff have submitted applications, and qualified individuals are interviewed and asked to present lesson plans on a camp session of their choice.  Those that are granted paid positions are required to be fingerprinted for Maryland and Federal background checks.  All of our 18+ employees and volunteers will also be required to take the Archdiocesan Virtus Safe Child class before they may begin working at Camp Carlo.


What about allergies and medications?

Caring for the health and safety of our campers is our top priority. Please note all important health and allergy information when you register online. Please also contact us directly if your child(ren) will be bringing medication to camp.  If your child is bringing an epi-pen, or inhaler, please go to our Camper Medical Forms page, print and fill out the appropriate form and bring it with you on the first day of camp. Camper medical forms  must  be stamped by your child's pediatrician to be in compliance with State of Maryland Summer Camp regulations.

Can my child use a cell phone while at camp?

No, we will not permit campers to use any electronic devices while camp is in session. We strongly discourage bringing any devices, including cell phones, to camp. Camp staff are not responsible for lost, broken, or stolen items. In case of an emergency, camp staff will contact parents. Any devices brought to camp will be stored (not safe guarded) in the camp office until camper pick up.

bottom of page